Over the last month or so I've done quite a few bridal blog posts. But they've all been geared towards the bride - what about the grooms?! More & more men emulate certain looks - from athletes like Tom Brady or David Beckham to tv shows like Mad Men - but most are clueless how to achieve the look. That's where we come in. Here are 5 tips for the glamorous groom & some inspirational shots.
- TRIM UP THAT BEARD! Yes, facial hair is HUGE right now but just like we discussed the bride looking like herself on the wedding day - shouldn't the groom look like some version of himself too? You don't want to look back at your wedding pics & wonder who that lumberjack marrying your wife is. In the months leading up to the wedding, shave & count the days of facial hair growth til you really like it. This way you'll know how many days before the wedding to shave to find your perfect wedding day stubble.
- BROWS - Again, in the months leading up to the nuptials find someone to wax your brows. Give yourself some time to find the right person - there's a fine line between groomed brows & looking like a drag queen. Have your brows done a week before the wedding so there's no irritation & it's not so fresh.
- HAIRCUT - Get your hair cut a week before so it has some time to calm down & there's no skin irritation from the trimmers.
- USE HAIRSPRAY! - If you're going for a long look - like many are - use hairspray to keep it in place.
- STYLIST ASSISTANCE - Hellooooooo - you have a stylist on site for the ladies - have them check in on the men too!
Cheers - Hal